Volkswagen ID.3 Reservations Today Exceed 20,00006/05/2019
First 20,000 out of 30,000 special edition Volkswagen ID.3 1ST were already pre-booked. All to be sold out in several weeks.
The total number of Volkswagen ID.3 reservations just passed 20,000 according to Juergen Stackmann, Volkswagen brand Board Member for Sales and Marketing.
Stackmann boasted that the pace of reservations for the special edition 1ST is higher than anticipated – the company expected to reach 30,000 by the Frankfurt Motor Show in September, while two-thirds was reached well over three months ahead of the show.
On the other hand, the first 10,000 was achieved in 24-hours, on May 9, which means that the average pace over the past 26 days is around 385 per day.
Here is all we know about the ID.3:
Volkswagen ID.3 market launch:
- 330 km (205 miles) of WLTP range (base 45 kWh version)
- 420 km (261 miles) of WLTP range (mid-range 58 kWh version)
- 550 km (342 miles) of WLTP range (top version 77 kWh)
What else to expect:
- 150 kW electric motor
- top speed of 180 km/h (112 miles)
- 7.2 kW or 11 kW on-board chargers
- 125 kW DC fast charging capability
* Registration deposit is €1,000, but could vary in other countries (£750 in the UK).