In-Car wireless phone charging is seriously overhyped!04/13/2021
Wireless charging makes the phone hot! Wireless charging isn’t compatible with all phones & hard cases.
GTO shared this with other BHPians.
Was just reading about the VW Taigun’s interior unveil and well, here is yet another car following the latest trend = wireless phone charging. IMHO, wireless charging is seriously overhyped. I drive about 30 – 40 different cars every year and prefer to carry my smartphone cable along. Reasons:
- It’s faster! Like MUCH faster. Especially with the high powered USB ports seen in some new cars.
- Wireless charging makes the phone hot! Not the case with wired charging (at least not as much).
- Wired is cheaper.
- Wired charging = Wired Android Auto, which I have found to be quicker & more responsive than wireless Android Auto.
- Wireless charging isn’t compatible with all phones & hard cases.
- Try hard cornering with the phone lying flat. In some cars, my phone flew off and ended up in the driver / passenger footwell!
- I can use the phone even while its charging.
- Precautions such as not placing the smartkey or coins on the wireless charging pad.
Any other BHPians feel the same? Am sure the technology will evolve and I will become a convert someday, but as things stand today, give me wired charging any day!
Source: Read Full Article